Proper valve maintenance methods not only extend the life of the valve, but also reduce maintenance costs. So how do you maintain the valve? Next, Xiaobian introduces you to the 13 principles of valve maintenance.
How to maintain the valve? 13 principles for valve maintenance.
1. The valve storage environment should be noted that it should be stored in a dry and ventilated room and block both ends of the passage.
2. The valve should be inspected regularly and the dirt on it should be removed and rust-proof oil applied to the surface.
3. Install the applied valve and perform regular maintenance to ensure it is working properly.
4. Check the valve sealing surface for wear and repair or replace it as appropriate.
5. Check the trapezoidal thread wear of the stem and stem nut, whether the packing is out of date, etc., and make the necessary replacement.
6. The sealing performance of the valve should be tested to ensure its performance.
7. The valve in operation should be in good condition, the bolts on the flange and bracket are complete, the thread is not damaged, and there is no looseness.
8. If the handwheel is lost, it should be timely and cannot be replaced with a spanner wrench.
9. The packing gland is not allowed to be skewed or has no pre-tightening clearance.
10. If the valve is used in a harsh environment and is susceptible to dirt such as rain, snow, dust, sand, etc., a protective cover should be installed for the valve stem.
11. The scale on the valve should be complete, accurate and clear, and the valve seals and caps.
12. The insulation jacket should be free from dents and cracks.
13. Operate the valve to avoid knocking it or supporting heavy objects.